top of page

Are you LinkedIn or Left Out?

Updated: Aug 15, 2023

If you're like most people, you probably have a LinkedIn profile you created a while ago and never really touched again. Or maybe you've been using LinkedIn regularly but are unsure how to make your profile stand out from the rest. If you fall into either of these categories, don't worry—you're in good company.


Creating an effective LinkedIn profile can be tricky, but it's worth taking the time to do it right. According to LinkedIn, 70% of the global workforce is passive talent, with the remaining 30% actively seeking jobs.


Here are some tips on how to create a standout LinkedIn profile so that you are not left out by potential employers, clients, and business contacts.


1. Start with a strong headline.

Your headline is one of the first things people will see when they visit your profile, so it's important to make sure it's attention-grabbing and informative. A good headline should give people an idea of who you are and what you do.


For example, instead of "Marketing Professional," try something like "Digital Marketing Strategist specializing in Social Media."


2. Use keywords strategically.

In addition to including keywords in your headline, be sure to use them throughout your profile—in your job titles, summary, skills section, and anywhere else that makes sense.


Using relevant keywords will help ensure that your profile comes up in searches for those terms, making it more likely that people who are looking for someone with your skills and experience will find you.


3. Highlight your accomplishments.

Your LinkedIn profile is the perfect place to brag about your professional accomplishments. Be sure to include details about any awards or recognition you've received, projects you've worked on, or other notable achievements.


Including this information will help show potential employers or clients what kind of value you could bring to their organization.


4. Think outside the box.

Another great way to make your LinkedIn profile stand out is to include multimedia content such as images, infographics, videos, or presentations. You can also ask colleagues, managers, etc. for recommendations regarding your work to be added to your profile. This helps add authenticity and gives people a better sense of who you are and what you do.


5. Keep it updated.

One final tip for keeping your LinkedIn profile fresh and relevant is to make sure you keep it up to date with your latest experience and skills. As your career progresses and you accomplish new things, be sure to add those details to your profile so that people who view it always have an accurate picture of what you're currently doing professionally.


LinkedIn can be a powerful tool for networking, job hunting, and promoting your business—but only if people can actually find and read your profile! By following the tips above, you can create a standout LinkedIn profile that will help ensure that the right people professionally see what you have to offer.


So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!



12 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page